NFL Scouting Combine Workouts
The expectations of an athlete entering the Draft have become more and more demanding as the sport continues to grow. The old school and standard training approaches just aren’t proving to be as effective as they once were for today NFL hopefuls.
Football players across the nation are posting faster 40 yard dash times, achieving unheard of heights on their vertical and broad jumps and recording times in the agility tests that were once thought to be impossible to achieve. Collegiate athletes are consistently able to perform the 20-yard shuttle drill in under 4 seconds. A sub 4.5 40 time is no longer the rare time it once was in the early days of the combine. According to SB Nation, “93 players of 203 players on the top high school recruiting website ran a sub-4.5 second 40 yard dash”.
Q:So what does this mean for a football player with aspirations to play in the NFL?
A: Customized, personalized training with an expert is paramount to your success.
This is where the Athletic Strength Institute can be your secret weapon and give you an edge over your competitors. We work with you to get faster, stronger and more explosive and achieve amazing results at your tryout.
When you choose to join the ASI family, you’ll be working directly with the owner Chris Dellasega. More importantly you’ll be working with a local company that can work with you and your family’s demanding schedule. Easy access to our facility allows you to conveniently travel to your work outs and helps ease the burden and stress of cross country travel.
Chris at a glance:
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Science from the University of Kansas
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Level 2 – Poliquin Performance Specialist
- Level 2 – Poliquin BioSignature
- Level 1 – Precision Nutrition
- Certified Personal Training – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Chris has trained Division I athletes, professional athletes in the NFL, the PGA and is a former college athlete himself.
What you’ll get from the Athletic Strength Institute
To ensure you perform at your peak ability we’ll deliver an individual, customized plan crafted specifically for you. We do things a bit different at the Athletic Strength Institute. We take a holistic approach to your event prep.
Our Proven System:
- Structural Balance Assessment– We thoroughly screen you to highlight your weak points and areas we can offer the biggest gains in your performance. This strong foundation approach is key to your success.
- Mindset- We only work with the elite and the upper echelon athletes in our program. Our coaching and training will not only give you the body you need to succeed, we’ll also equip you with a championship mindset by setting goals and instilling a winners mentality.
- Nutrition– We design a meal plan and a supplement regiment specifically for your body type and the position you play.
- Workouts– ASI will craft position specific workouts to improve your explosiveness, quickness, strength and flexibility
- Recovery– We use Active Release Techniques® (ART). Not only will this help you recover quicker, it will help prevent injury as well.
Our over arching approach will give you the edge you need to perform your best on the biggest stage. Whether you choose to visit a tryout center in Los Angeles, Houston, Baltimore, Tampa, East Rutherford,Chicago, Atlanta, or Cleveland, we’ll get you ready and confident you are in the best shape of your life.
You may have questions, like:
- What is the cost of the training?
- Does the training program have a PDF I can download?
- Is there a specific professional football weight training program ?
- What is the measurement procedure?
- Can you help with speed training?
- What are the NFL combine events drills?
- What are the schedule of events?
- What’s the importance of combine hand measurements?
Call us today to get started and we can help you with all your questions.